Thursday, June 21, 2012

Meet Bowie

I designed this blog for those of you that care to follow the day to day happenings of my adorable cat, Bowie.

Basically, this blog is for Abra. :)



And here is the background on my adorable kitten:

She was born, well, I really have no idea. Two weeks ago the vet guessed her to be around 6 weeks, so that would make her about 8 weeks now. She isn't quite 2 lbs yet, so she doesn't have any of her shots, but at our vet visit we did find out that she doesn't have feline cancer or aids and she has no parasites! yay!

My friend Tricia found her outside of her work place and when she posted this picture of Facebook I fell in love with that adorable little face. My dad calls her half-n-half.

Which brings me to her name, Bowie. Not sure on a middle name yet.

I wanted a meaningful name and I couldn't come up with anything meaningful that sounded girly, until I thought of Bowie. Then it stuck because I like Tim Tebow (as a person!) and OSU's president E. Gordon Gee wears bow ties. #perf

For the most part she's been a pretty good kitten.



The first week we went through some diarrhea issues, but the vet fixed that with expensive cat food.

Her first week or so she was super cuddly and slept a lot. I liked that. Now she's like a crazy woman and runs around all the time. I mean, hopping like a rabbit sideways and running in to walls cause she won't slow down in time to stop.

She also scratches me and bites me! It's so annoying. I know she's just trying to play, but gheesh girl, learn some manners.

She's been excellent at using the litter box! I'm so thankful for that. And she eats well too. I'm afraid I'm not feeding her enough because she's only gained .4 lbs in two weeks, but I feed her 3-4 times a day and at night she gets wet cat food mixed in with her dry food so it fills her little belly up and she doesn't wake me up at 4 am crying to be fed.

Bowie doesn't sleep with me. I've tried it a few times and every time I think it's going good, I wake up to her staring me in the face and those dang whiskers just brushing my cheeks. Then she proceeds to sit on my neck and scratch me until I get up. She thinks she's getting fed, but really she's just getting locked in the bathroom. Sorry girl. You've got a hard life.

It's a good thing you're so darn cute, because otherwise you might be on craigslist at 4am under the 'free' category.

Just kidding. I've got too much $$$ invested in her to give her away.

No comments:

Post a Comment